DLT Registration process and required documents:
DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) registration is a process mandated by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) for businesses and organizations involved in sending bulk SMS or voice messages in India. DLT registration aims to curb unsolicited commercial communication and promote transparency in the industry. Here’s an explanation of the DLT registration process and the required documents:
- Choose a DLT Platform: Select a DLT platform approved by TRAI for registration. There are multiple DLT platforms available, including Vodafone Idea Ltd (VIL), Bharti Airtel Ltd (BAL), and Reliance Jio Infocom Ltd (RJIL). Each platform has its own registration process and requirements.
- Create an Account: Sign up on the chosen DLT platform and create an account as a registered entity. Provide the necessary details such as business name, address, contact information, and other relevant information as requested by the platform.
- Business Verification: Verify your business details and legal identity on the DLT platform. This typically involves submitting supporting documents to prove the authenticity and legitimacy of your business. The specific documents required may vary depending on the platform, but generally, you will need a. Business Proof: This can include documents such as the Certificate of Incorporation, Partnership Deed, Memorandum of Association (MOA), or any other legal document validating the existence and ownership of the business. b. Address Proof: Provide documents that establish the registered address of your business, such as a Utility Bill (electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.), GST registration certificate, or any other official document indicating the address. c. Identity Proof: Submit identity proof documents of authorized representatives or signatories associated with your business. This can include Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, or any other government-issued identification document.
- Entity Authentication: Authenticate your business entity on the DLT platform. This may involve completing additional steps like providing a digital signature, verifying email addresses, or undergoing tele-verification.
- Registration Fees: Pay the registration fees as required by the DLT platform. The fees vary depending on the platform and the services you intend to use.
- Template Registration: Register the templates of the SMS or voice messages you intend to send. Provide the message content, category, and other relevant details as per the platform’s guidelines. Ensure that your message templates comply with TRAI’s regulations, including content restrictions and format guidelines.
- Scrubbing and Consent Management: Adhere to the DLT platform’s guidelines for scrubbing and consent management. Scrubbing involves verifying and filtering your contact database to ensure that you are not sending messages to numbers that have opted out or are on the Do-Not-Disturb (DND) registry. Consent management includes obtaining explicit consent from your customers before sending them commercial communication.
DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) It’s important to note that the specific process and required documents may vary based on the DLT platform and any updated regulations from TRAI. It is advisable to refer to the official documentation and guidelines provided by the chosen DLT platform for accurate and up-to-date information regarding the registration process and required documents.